– I am
going to tell Elizabeth Egan that I love her and that I want to spend my days
with her. I can still help people while I’m with her.
–Oh, Ivan,
you can’t!
–You taught
me that there was nothing that I couldn’t do.
–No one else
will see you but her!
This was a conversation between Ivan and his
boss Opal. She told him that she knew how to fall in love. Then they went to a
strange house with a lot of photos in different frames. An ancient man was
sitting there. This old man was Opal’s beloved. Opal watched as Ivan’s face
displayed many different emotions in a matter of seconds. He went from
confusion, to shock, to pity, and then as soon as he had applied Opal’s words
to his own situation, to despair.
‘That’s what I was trying to tell you, Ivan.
You and Elizabeth can live together perfectly happy in your own cocoon without
anyone knowing but what you forget is that she will have a birthday every year
and you won’t.’

Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий